Assign icon to file type

I'd like to see a feature where the admin can assign icons to a specific file extension.
I'm currently using Adept 2017 and a glitch with SolidWorks means that no icon is assigned to any SW file and a 'blank page' icon is displayed by default.  This makes it difficult to differentiate part files from assemblies or drawings etc.  I realize this may have been fixed in a later release.
However, this 'blank page' icon also affects all Web Client users who do not have native applications installed.  Without the filename being listed they cannot differentiate between SW files, AutoCAD files, or even Office docs etc.
It would be useful to have the ability to assign a particular icon to a file type

Comments

• xmicahxxmicahx Member Posts: 27
    I think a specific glyph for unlinked records would be great! We create some unlinked records with the intent to add the file later. We are adding the .pdf file extension to the unlinked record's file name because we know it will be a pdf, however, Adept reads the extension and adds the Adobe glyph. This, to the untrained eye, appears that there is a file associated to the record. 
  • Gene.SewellGene.Sewell Moderator Posts: 45 mod
    I don't remember exactly when - but we did fix the missing SolidWorks icons by just displaying a stock icon we put into the list.  This was done "recently" - not sure if it was SP3 of 2017 or 2018.

With regard to unlinked records - we do display them in an italic font - and it's fairly easy to differentiate between records with a doc and those without by looking for italic font.

Synergis Senior Software Developer - primary developer for the Adept Desktop Client