Viewer Zoom Issues With Mouse???

xmicahxxmicahx Member Posts: 23
We have encountered an oddity where, with a particular mouse, scrolling forward or back with the mouse wheel causes the viewer to zoom in. My user had a “Microsoft Wireless Mobil Mouse 4000” which appears to use default windows drivers. I tried another mouse on his machine and the problem went away. When I tried his mouse on my machine, it had the same issue. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Comments

• DScavettaDScavetta Moderator Posts: 6 mod

Hello ,  we believe the issue you are facing is because your current mouse driver is using a generic driver and not one specific to this device , Please download and install the driver from https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads

If this does not resolve this issue please contact the helpdesk for more trouble shooting

Thank you

Dean

• DScavettaDScavetta Moderator Posts: 6 mod

Hello , 

I see other having trouble with this particular mouse

I found this thread on a Microsoft site :   https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/scrolling-problem-with-microsoft-wireless-mobile/127227ce-2522-40bb-80d2-1f64fa6fa3d8

Go to Mouse Properties -> Hardware tab

Select the problematic mouse from the list "HID-compliant mouse"

Click "Properties"

Go to Details tab

Select the "Device Instance Path" from the combobox.

A value will be displayed e.g.: HID\VID_045E&PID_0745&MI_01&COL01\8&5538EC&0&0000

Note this value.

Open registry editor and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\VID_045E&PID_0745&MI_01&Col01\8&5538ec&0&0000\Device Parameters

The "Device Instance Path" is the path of the reg key that corresponds to this instance of the mouse.

In the Device Parameters, add the following DWORD (32 bit) reg keys

HScrollHighResolutionDisable = 1

VScrollHighResolutionDisable = 1

Delta = 120 (decimal)

Remove the transreceiver and put it back (this kind of re-initializes the driver). You can choose to restart the PC

Dean