Date range using simple functions

xmicahxxmicahx Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
We would find it very useful to have some simple functionality built into searches on dates.

For example we enter a sent date for a file in this field with a dialog.

We need a response from our supplies within X number of days. It would be great to be able to search with something like... (sorry for the excel function)

>today()-x

We could then use this in a saved search without having to update the dates every day.

Maybe there is something I don't know of...

Comments

• Gene.SewellGene.Sewell Moderator Posts: 51 mod
    Hi - great suggestion!

Believe it or now - this is a feature that is in the queue of future features.  I've called this "relative dates."

A relative date is always relative to "today."

This would be valuable in saved searches - you could have a saved search that covers all activity in the "last week" or "last month"

Sorry to say that in our next big version to be released we've already committed to enough features that I doubt this feature could be added.  It does seem very valuable and useful - so hopefully it will move forward in our queue and make it into a "soon to be released" version of Adept.

Wouldn't hurt to lobby a bit for it with your representative :)

Synergis Senior Software Developer - primary developer for the Adept Desktop Client

• xmicahxxmicahx Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    @Gene.Sewell, can you say if this functionality will be part of the 2018.2 release?
  • Gene.SewellGene.Sewell Moderator Posts: 51 mod
    Hi - I can say it is not a feature set for implementation.  I have been an advocate for this feature - and feel it would be valuable - but our plate is a bit full at them moment, so this still just a concept.

Synergis Senior Software Developer - primary developer for the Adept Desktop Client