Parent Child Relationship

fsidaway-wolffsidaway-wolf Moderator Posts: 5 mod
I have a thousand or so documents that I need to load into Adept.  The majority of them will have a parent document, with child documents that we would like to see the relationship tree.

Is there a way to import the parent child relationships, or do I have to manually go through the thousand documents and create the relationships that way?

Comments

• EmilyUEmilyU Member, Deactivated Accounts Posts: 3
    What type of documents are they?  If they are something like assemblies that have relationships/references already, then yes the relationships will follow the import.  However, if it is something like Word documents, etc. then no, these would have to be manual relationships.
  • Gene.SewellGene.Sewell Moderator, Deactivated Accounts Posts: 66 mod
    Hi - perhaps I can offer a tip?

in the desktop, you could get all the documents you want in a relationship into a window - perhaps using a search.  Select all of them - and then (right click) bring up "relationship create/edit" dialog.  If you included the parent document, find it - and click on the button "make this the parent."

You should be able to create the relationship this way with only a couple of clicks.

Do you have a suggestion for a still easier way?  Always interested to hear feature requests....

Synergis Senior Software Developer - primary developer for the Adept Desktop Client