Exclusion of certain libraries on standard search

fsidaway-wolffsidaway-wolf Moderator Posts: 5 mod
A nice feature would be to be able to exclude certain libraries on while doing a standard search, but have a check box or something in the Search Card to include them.

I currently have hundreds of documents in an archive library that were not able to be versioned when doing the bulk loads (often old raster tifs of drawings instead of the current vector pdfs). On a typical search the users don't need to see these, but everyone still needs access for reference purposes, and I don't want to have to create archive access accounts.

Comments

• ToddCummingsToddCummings Member, Administrator Posts: 8 admin
    @fsidaway-wolf, I can see how something like this would be useful given the use case you shared. Have you thought about what the UI might look like in support of this capability? We'd be interested to hear your ideas about how this would work - what the picks and clicks might look like. We appreciate your input!
  • Gene.SewellGene.Sewell Moderator Posts: 46 mod
    Hi - this is one of the concepts behind library sets.  With library sets - you can create a list of those libraries that have files you are working with - give it a name - and when you make that set "active" - then only documents in those libraries appear in search results, file guide views, etc.

It doesn't make things faster - but it certainly helps narrow down the results you get into those files you are really interested in seeing.

Synergis Senior Software Developer - primary developer for the Adept Desktop Client

• atoloevaatoloeva Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

Hey Gene,

How can we use library sets in the Web clients? We are currently on Adept 2017.