How do you manage to keep files together during WF approval?
I am looking for tips and tricks on how to keep files together during the workflow (WF) approval process?
I will use the Engineering Change Order (ECO) for example:
Our current set up is:
- ECO form to which we link the documents being revised.
- ECO form gets checked-in into "ECO" library
- Documents get checked-in into "Released" Library
- We constantly have child documents left behind the ECO document (ECO gets ahead in the WF, sometimes fully approved and the children are not approved at the same time.)
- During Reject -only the selected document gets rejected and the ECO ,as a parent document, keeps going thru WF until someone notices that it is detached... Is there a way to enforce all documents to get rejected at the same time?
We noticed that when approving/rejecting from the web client the Approval/rejection window does not display all documents as in the Desktop Client.
I need to remind the users that they need to find all documents(search by ECO#), select all documents and then approve/reject.
Another issue is that there isn't a "Search Relationships" command in the web client which makes the search a bit time consuming and more likely we will miss a "parent" or a "Child"...