Workflow Auto-Advance

marksmarks Member Posts: 13
While this feature is useful, is there a similar setting to automatically reject when a document reaches a particular workflow step?

Comments

• Gene.SewellGene.Sewell Moderator, Deactivated Accounts Posts: 66 mod
    Hi!  Can you provide a use case for this request?  I'm not sure I can understand one?

Synergis Senior Software Developer - primary developer for the Adept Desktop Client

• marksmarks Member Posts: 13
    Our documents enter a default workflow upon Check In and it is up to the users to "Reroute" to their particular department's workflow.

If they forget to do this and Approve in the default workflow (it happens a lot), then the document will essentially be stuck. This requires an Adept admin to reject the document to the beginning of the workflow for Rerouting.
  • xmicahxxmicahx Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    I agree with this. We setup "reroute" workflows that take 100 approvals so they cant exit the default workflow and have to be rerouted. However, if the user approves the document, it has 1 of the 100 required approvals, BUT the file is no longer in the users inbox because they can't approve it twice. To them the document is "gone" not knowing it hasn't moved at all. 
    Hi!  Thanks for the feedback!  It's particularly helpful to get the use cases, particularly when there's more than one!

I have to say, xmicahx - that's a clever hack!

What I'm taking from this is a feature request - and I'm putting it into the simplest case - so it shouldn't be difficult to do, which hopefully means we'll do it soon!

The way I see the feature request would be to define a WF step as "the end of the line."  When a document reaches this step - it can no longer be approved.  The only possible action would be to reroute it to another WF.

The advantage of this is the document would remain visible to all reviewers of the "TEOTL" step (the end of the line) and you can name the step something descriptive like "reroute required."

I like the idea - and will lobby to see it in a release, coming to you soon...

Synergis Senior Software Developer - primary developer for the Adept Desktop Client

• BCranstonBCranston Moderator Posts: 44 mod
    edited January 16
    Can you optionally force the Reroute dialog box to appear at "TEOTL" step?
    ha!  I didn't voice the last idea, but of course had it.  I guess the answer is "we'll see..."  That adds just a tiny bit of scope - which is why I didn't initially state it - but it certainly isn't much more work - I agree that this is the logical action.  The approve button would change to effectively be a re-route button.