Solidworks Icons Disapperared

As one can see from the above, my Synergis Adept 2017 Sp3 Work Area(s) do not show the icons for the Solidworks files; all the other programs (Word, Excel, Adobe, Powerpoint, etc.) have their appropriate icons, but Solidwoks files are now just a blank page.  I have been using Soildworks 2017 for 2 years plus now.  The icons were there until we recently uninstalled the older Solidworks 2013
program from my PC; so the uninstall has something to do with this issue.  We went through this when 2017 was installed, and I recall the fix being something easy, but cannot recall what we precisely had to do.  It's not a Windows issue as the appropriate file associations are there and the Solidworks icons appear in Windows File Explorer as they should also in Adept.  this is just an annoying issue as everything works fine, it just a little harder to tell the differences between Solidworks file type (part, assembly, drawing).  Any advise is appreciated.

Comments

• Andrew.HallasAndrew.Hallas Member Posts: 17

This is a known issue with Adept 2017 & SolidWorks 2017. The issue is fixed in Adept 2018 and 2019. It also occurred with Adept 2015 and SolidWorks 2016 and appeared to be caused by the user interface icon colour changes that SolidWorks made starting with SolidWorks 2016 as Adept 2015 and SolidWorks 2015 displayed the icons correctly. We tolerated the issue for well over 2 years until Adept 2018 was released but it was annoying trying to distinguish between SolidWorks parts, assemblies and drawings.

Andrew Hallas, Design Engineer / CAD Administrator, Bucher Municipal Pty Ltd, Clayton North, Australia
  • jwood8844jwood8844 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for confirming our issues.... a planned upgrade to latest versions of Adept and Solidworks along with new PCs and server is in our near future....we expect the issue to go away then too.....
  • Gene.SewellGene.Sewell Moderator, Deactivated Accounts Posts: 66 mod
    Thanks Andrew for the help.  I knew we addressed the issue - I just couldn't remember when.

Synergis Senior Software Developer - primary developer for the Adept Desktop Client