How does everyone like the forum?

Patricia HeubachPatricia Heubach Administrator Posts: 44 admin

We have been trialing the new forum software for about a month now and would love to hear what everyone feels about the software. Is it easy to use? Does it have the functionality that the user community is looking for in the forum? Has anyone tried using the notifications?
Please let us know any feedback you have.

Comments

• Cwood3Cwood3 Moderator Posts: 24 mod

I think the forum is great. Wish I had more time in the day to work with it.

• rnettlesrnettles Moderator Posts: 11 mod

It looks like a platform we could be successful on. I need to figure out how to subscribe so I'm notified when there is new activity.

• Liam1963Liam1963 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2018

I think this is a great step forward, I plan on frequenting this forum often!

• Patricia HeubachPatricia Heubach Administrator Posts: 44 admin

Hi Randy - You can turn on notifications by clicking on the gear in the upper right hand corner and then going to Edit Profile -> Notification Preferences. You can then set your preferences for general notifications such as when others comment on your discussions as well as set up notifications for specific categories.

• rnettlesrnettles Moderator Posts: 11 mod

Thanks Patti. I did configure those settings but I guess I was looking for a more general notice of activity on ANY topic, not just those items related to me personally. That would likely be a problem eventually as the forum got busier, however I thought it would be nice a nice prompt to respond if I didn't have to manually check the forum on a routine basis.

• Patricia HeubachPatricia Heubach Administrator Posts: 44 admin

Thanks, Randy. I'll check with the vendor and see if this is possible.

• atoloevaatoloeva Member Posts: 37 ✭✭

I found the forum very resourceful for admin and non-admin users. I am logged almost daily looking for ideas and how others are leveraging the use of the software. I am happy to know that I have a place to ask questions, start a discussion and connect with other power users(new users as well).

My favorite category is the "Feature Requests" :o) !!!