Who has deployed an Adept "sandbox" or test environment?

rmongeaurmongeau Moderator Posts: 9 mod

We have an identical, replicated copy of our Adept environment which has been super helpful in developing workflows and testing with other users. Since we are in a virtual server environment, it is easy to deploy resources quickly. Is anyone else doing this? How do you have it set up?

Comments

• BCranstonBCranston Moderator Posts: 34 mod

Same here! A tip is to set the Adept services to manual or shut them down prior to cloning. That way when the new sandbox comes back up it isn't in contention with the primary system with respect to SQL, etc. Then you can map the sandbox systems to their correct mates before reengaging the Sandbox Adept services.

I had some issues with remapping some of the services and was forced into uninstall/reinstall on the sandbox servers. Did you have that problem?

• Robert.Hale@synergis.com[email protected] Member Posts: 3

Do this all the time. Most of the time existing business rules determine how the sandbox is set up. On the rare occasion I get to architect it, my favorite method is to start with the existing database and install everything else from scratch. Every Adept vertical and custom program is installed and configured fresh. That way we don't miss some setting tucked away in some config file somewhere that points to the production server.
    The first setting to change must be the Adept Vault location in the sandbox UGLA. That will still be pointed to the production server. The Adept Vault does not have to be replicated in full. It only needs the documents you plan to validate against. it is also possible to recreate the Adept Vault with 1k "dummy" files that have no actual data.

• xmicahxxmicahx Member Posts: 23
    Is there a way to copy only the database structure, workflows, etc. without losing my DB records. I need to get my production server changes reflected on my test server but I don't want to lose all of the test data.