Delete Files In Library (Should be OPTIONAL!!)

Nick.BogartNick.Bogart Moderator Posts: 17 mod

I wish we could configure UGLA groups to be Document Manager-level permissions WITHOUT having the ability to delete files!

Nick Bogart
Synergis Adept - Application Consultant

Comments

• whyzmuzjwhyzmuzj Moderator Posts: 19 mod

I agree as deleting files can have major ramifications.

• Andrew.HallasAndrew.Hallas Member Posts: 17

Select a lower level of document control rights then select the required document manager option by selecting the check boxes. I give our Engineering users Editing level rights plus update documents rights from the Document Manager level and this works without any issues.

Andrew Hallas, Design Engineer / CAD Administrator, Bucher Municipal Pty Ltd, Clayton North, Australia
  • whyzmuzjwhyzmuzj Moderator Posts: 19 mod

@Andrew.Hallas I agree with this for most part, however the only option we are not able to enable is the Library Administrator Right. It would be nice to be able to allow library administration without the delete files right.

• EricHomeierEricHomeier Member, Synergis Employees Posts: 6
    this is why I refer to the library administrator as a 5th level between Manager and Library admin. They can add and delete libraries so deleting a file seems fitting to me. This is the level of an admin that can administrate everything except the system settings or other library admins libraries. I would prefer the library admin be removed from there and have its own dialog box for it. Especially so that a library admin can't take away there own rights or assign others as library admins below their own library