Adept viewer prints drawings too light, it prints fine in DWG Trueview 2018.

BrianBakerBrianBaker Member Posts: 6
We are using Adept 2018 and every time we print in the adept viewer it comes out to light to read. If we print in DWG Trueview it's fine. How can I fix this?

Answers

• BCranstonBCranston Moderator Posts: 37 mod
    Hi,

Does selecting "Force to black" in the print properties dialog box help?

-Brian
  • BrianBakerBrianBaker Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2018
    Hey Brian,
    No that doesn't help, I have it set to Force to Black in the Options menu, under General and in the print properties also. Still comes out lighter than just grey scale. I haven't tried the pin settings yet.
    Thanks
    Brian
    Hmmm...

Can you attach the file?

What printer are you using?

-Brian
    edited October 2018
    I'm using a Brother MFC-L2700DW printer, It does it on any printer. The file is a standard .dwg AutoCad file. I tried to attach the dwg file but it says it's not allowed.
    If you ZIP the DWG can you attach?
    Here's the drawing zipped.
    Here's a scanned PDF of the output from a Xerox WC 7800 series printer.  I think the lines look how I would expect.  Do you see something significantly different in your output?
    I scanned a print out from the viewer and it looks okay on the screen, better than the original print. In the first printing. I printed the scanned PDF and it's fine. I've attached a picture the top is the copy from the adept viewer and the bottom is a print out of the scanned PDF. you can see how much lighter it is printed in the viewer.
    So far, I'm hearing that just the print output from your Brother printer is light?  Printing to a PDF is good output?  Can you try a different printer?  Is your Brother set to some sort of econo-mode? Perhaps it is aggressively dimming line weight?
    Well, it looks the same on our big Toshiba 3055c copier. The funny thing is not everything is light, the arrows and the border are fine. The text and part lines are the light elements. Weird!