How to create scroll down feature?

johnhluujohnhluu Member Posts: 4
I'd like to create a scroll down feature in a field of a datacard, for example, there are 12 multiple options (building names) for field "facility", I want to be able to scroll down to see the options and click one.

Answers

• Gene.SewellGene.Sewell Moderator Posts: 45 mod
    Hi - I may be incorrect - but I believe you're thinking about a feature that is in Adept - something we call "Restricted Lists."

If you log in as an admin - switch to the system tab - you'll see a "button" labeled "database fields."

Here you'll see all the custom fields you have in your system.  there are a number of check-boxes that allow you to change how Adept treats each field - the one near the button labeled "restricted" is the one we're interested in.

Click on the database field you'd like to have this list of names - then click on "restricted" check box.  The bottom right side of the dialog is now enabled - and you can enter a list of values that your users will see.  Let's say you entered 6 strings, just for example.

When one of your users brings up the data card and tries to click on the field - it will now be a drop down list of values, rather than an edit box which they could have entered any string.

It's useful to do this to avoid spelling mistakes and/or to be sure valid data is entered.  This is particularly important if you use this database field in a File Guide tree - because now you can be sure only valid values are there - rather than misspellings or illegal entries are there.

Hope this was what you were interested in doing...