Document of Record
1. How are you managing PDF files? Are you using PublishWave?
2. What file type do you consider your document of record: the PDF or the native file type (SolidWorks, Word, Excel)?
3. Which file type do you distribute internally and externally?
I have received an internal request to include the PDF and STEP files as part of the ECO package during the approval process.
* PDF and STEP files need to be auto-generated by Adept.
* PDF format is accessible and distributed internally and externally.
* Native files are accessible by the departments responsible to create/edit the documents( for example: Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Quality, Doc Control).
I am challenged by this request due to Software limitations:
Adept cannot create STEP files.
We check native files in checked library, which means that PDF is auto-created on final approve step.
(I did submit a feature request to split the PublishWave options to be: Check-In OR Final Approval )