Admin Ability To Monitor User Logins and Terminate User Logins If Necessary

Liam1963Liam1963 Member Posts: 8

Ok, so terminate is a strong word, it would be nice if there was an obvious way to see who is logged on at any given time, and to be able to kick users off as an Admin, in the case of server issues, upgrades, etc. At the moment I go into "System" and select "Lock System" just to find out who is logged on....

Comments

• KarynDKarynD Member Posts: 7

Good Luck! I asked for that capability several years ago and was told that was not going to be an available option. Would be nice though.

If I need to give someone the boot I go to my server and use the Designer tool. Happy to share my steps if you'd like.

What would be nice though, is to see who is logged in to what version (Desk top or AE) of Adept when you go in to System > Lock system.

• whyzmuzjwhyzmuzj Moderator Posts: 19 mod

@Liam1963 We can add you to the feature request that was logged and make sure that @KarynD is also on the list. The more clients who ask for this feature the more likely we will have it included in a future version.

Another way to see who is logged int is to run the Login Report (logged in users have ** noted) - depending on the version of Adept you can see if it's a web client login or desktop login.

Using the method that @KarynD performs is currently the best way to "terminate" a single users login.

• rnettlesrnettles Moderator Posts: 11 mod
    edited April 2018

I also have a need to log users off when I perform server Designer activities however the Lock System function in Adept 2017 has served that purpose for me. It shows a list of currently logged on users, then will log those users off when I click "Begin Logoff Notification". Is there something more specific you had in mind?

Also the Login Report Adept 2017: Reports-->Login tells me which users are using which client. At then end of each user entry it will show "AWC" or "(LDC NO)"; they also show different version numbers. I assume "AWC" is Adept Web Client... it seems to match!

I am curious to know what specific feature you are looking for. I might have the same need and not realize it!

**** Login Report ****
        4/17/2018 2:58:50 PM
        [   1] John Smith (XXXXXXX) - Ver '1.0.3.18', 04/17/2018 12:54:42, IP:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (AWC)
        [   2] Amy Adams (XXXXXXX) - Ver '10.1.2.127', 04/17/2018 13:41:27, IP:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (LDC NO)
        [   3] Bob Jones (XXXXXXX) - Ver '10.1.3.55', 04/17/2018 18:52:51, IP:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (LDC NO)

• KarynDKarynD Member Posts: 7

@rnettles the necessity, or at least for me, is to be able to log off individual users at any given time. I don't always want to log off all users. For instance, I have people logged in to the desktop version overnight. So when I come in in the morning (6:00a), I know they are not here, and I would like to free up those licenses. At the same time there are other users that logged in that morning. I don't want to disconnect them, only the overnight campers. Hopefully that helped clear up the need.

• Liam1963Liam1963 Member Posts: 8

To supplement @KarynD, when performing upgrades, I may need to force a user off, I don't want to rely on a system lock, we always seem to have some users who don't read the "get off of Adept by 5:00 P.M. today" email, also if a user experiences a client machine issue (OS, system hang, etc.) it would be nice to manually "purge" the affected user. Purge sounds better than "terminate" don't ya think?

• rnettlesrnettles Moderator Posts: 11 mod

Great use case! I'll add that to my list. Thanks!