Number of Administrators

Patricia HeubachPatricia Heubach Member, Deactivated Accounts Posts: 48 admin

How many users do you give administrative rights to at your location? Do you think it's better give full administrator rights or do you use the other administrator accounts such as workflow administrator or library administrator?

Comments

• Cwood3Cwood3 Moderator Posts: 24 mod

We currently have about 6 folks out of ~4500 users, with full admin rights for our major system. We prefer to restrict the rights as much as possible.

• Andrew.HallasAndrew.Hallas Member Posts: 17

I'm the only user with full admin rights to Adept. A few other users have shared work area admin rights to setup shared work areas as needed.

Andrew Hallas, Design Engineer / CAD Administrator, Bucher Municipal Pty Ltd, Clayton North, Australia
  • rmongeaurmongeau Moderator Posts: 10 mod

We have the "global" admin account that we only use when it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, my account is the only one with full admin rights. I'm starting to train another person and I've been updating their permissions on an as-needed/as-trained basis to minimize any "oops" accidents. Otherwise, the department managers have workflow admin rights to the workflows that pertain to them.

• Liam1963Liam1963 Member Posts: 8

At one time we had two (2) Adept Admins, one of them left the company to pursue other interests, so it's just me...... no pressure....